Sunday, April 4, 2010

Lessons from a Just-Shy-of-Perfect Superdad

He really is almost a perfect Superdad. He also has his moments of going crazy sometimes, and he walks into doors in the middle of the night, and he once wrapped Mas in his diaper (leaving the areas that needed to be covered exposed) in the middle of the night, but he's pretty darn cool. And sometimes, he's way cooler than I am.

He helped Mas dye eggs for the altar. (Even the Konko church likes colored eggs).




















He dressed Mas up for the big ceremony at church in little slacks and a vest.










He packed the diaper bags. He put the eggs in the bowls that Mas and his big friend Emily would walk the eggs up to the altar in. He showered, dressed himself, ironed his pants (though that was my suggestion), and dressed Shaifali in her cute outfit.








He fed himself and Mas. I'm sure he made coffee for himself. And that was all on the usual six hours of sleep! He did not, I repeat, did NOT, find himself with nothing to wear (that didn't create about five muffintops worth of roll, that wasn't unintentionally midriff-baring, that wasn't a pajama shirt, or that wasn't too low-cut for milk breasts). He did not commence sobbing. And he did not work himself into a tizzy over the fact that the eggs were going to be late and that we could let everyone down.

His only fault was that he wouldn't leave me at home, insisting that we should all go together. I, however, ran away crying to my sister's house and couldn't even show my face. If only I had known that the eggs made it in time for Mas and Emily to offer them.

Hopefully I will learn the lesson of calm, cool, and collected from the Superdad, who also happens to be a Superpartner and an all-around Superperson.


7 comments:

  1. You are a lucky girl and kudos for taking a moment to recognize your awesome partner :) Hang in there my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. >He did not, I repeat, did NOT, find himself with nothing to wear

    Yeah, well he did not, I repeat, did NOT, give birth to a UPS truck two months ago.

    He's so lucky to have found you! I hope he knows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tears are welling in my eyes. Yet another reason we have found each other! I love your amazing and wonderful family. I too had a clothes meltdown yesterday. I wish my Mr. Muffintop would melt away but I think he is here to stay for a nice long stint. Sucks, today is a new day my love! p.s. i love granny arsenic. she is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alicia (Heather's sister) :)April 5, 2010 at 12:12 PM

    Ahhhh...........twue love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! My man is a superdad in the most important ways, but still pretends not to know where the clothes are, and can't be trusted to pack the diaper bag... I think I'll show him this post :)

    You are lucky to have each other; and you are both super.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I have an urgent desire to post comments on every post you've made, but I should probably finish writing my paper. You are the greatest, cousin! I love to hear stories about your life and all the wackiness and love that emanates from it. Your children are beautiful and your husband is great. Can't waaaaaaait to see you all in August!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lia,
    Oh my gosh, I did not know! You are truly a kind person, and should not have put that pressure on yourself! :) I am so sorry that this happened, I wish I had known. Don't feel bad...Your making me cry just reading your blog. I feel soo bad. Will talk to you in person about this! :)

    ReplyDelete